Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Magazines are lovely
And mag nation is too…
Ok – that was utter crap. I am obviously not a poet and I do know it. How about a second attempt?
There was a young store called mag nation
Who was searching for mag retailing inspiration
In the absence of any
Down dropped the proverbial penny
Which led to magazine mecca creation
Still no good huh? Any chance you could help me improve on a poem about mag nation?
How about this for a good deal? Write a poem about mag nation and post it on our Facebook page. It could be a rhyming poem, or it could be a real adult one (no – that doesn’t mean rude content – it just means grown up intellectual poetry), although rhyming is probably easier.
Anyway, submit it on our Facebook page and we will choose the one that we like best to win a prize. And that prize will be FREE COFFEE from either our Elizabeth St, Greville St or King St stores FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR.
See below for the terms and conditions and start poeming!
- We are the kings of this promotion and reserve the right to do anything, change anything or kill it completely if it takes our fancy
- Free coffee for a year means a maximum of one free coffee (regular size) per day (which is valued at precisely $1387)
- You have to submit your poem onto our facebook page prior to midnight on the 30th of April
- Mag Nation will judge the poem they like the best, based on who contacts them offline and offers the best back massage. Ok, maybe not, but this is a completely subjective pursuit and we will be the sole judges.
- No mag nation employee can submit a poem – that means you Simon.
- This particular offer is relevant to our Australian stores. We will think of something else for you New Zealanders, but we don’t serve coffee in Ponsonby or Queen St because Auckland rentals are too damn high to allow us more space.
- The free coffee will start as of the first of May (it might be a tad later in Sydney depending on whether Jared gets our coffee machine in on time) – Sydney customers feel free to email us with encouraging “hurry up Jared” messages that we can forward to our shopfitter.
- Any individual may enter as many poems as they like. Get creative. We like creative.
- By submitting your poem on our facebook page, you give us permission to use it. It becomes ours. All ours. If we want to print it on tea towels or use it as lyrics for our next chart topping single produced by the resurrected trio of Stock, Aitkin and Waterman, then we can.